Maui Marriage License Application
- The Marriage License Application is a simple one page form which needs to be completed by the couple planning to get married on Maui.
Do not complete separate applications. This is a State of Hawaii form and expires within 30 days of submission. To obtain a PDF of this application,
click here: State of Hawaii Marriage License Application.
- The application must be submitted in person by BOTH the bride and groom to an authorized Maui County marriage license agent. In most cases this
will be a private citizen whom the State of Hawaii and Maui County have sanctioned to issue these licenses.
- Make an appointment with an agent or arrange for your wedding planner to make the appointment. Appointments are during typical work hours,
Mondays through Fridays. The agents do not make appointments on weekends or on holidays.
- To get married in Maui the bride and the groom must be at least 15 years old. Brides and grooms who are 16 or 17 years of age must show written
consent from both parents and/or legal guardian. Fifteen year olds may marry with written consent of their parents and/or legal guardian AND the
written approval of the family court judge.
- No blood tests are required. But the bride and groom must not have a blood relationship closer than first cousins.
There is no waiting period once the marriage license application has been submitted.
- Maui wedding ceremonies do not require any witnesses to be in attendance.
- The Marriage License cost is $65.00 cash. Credit cards, debit cards, personal checks nor traveller's checks are accepted.
- This money should be paid to the marriage license agent at the time you submit your application.
- The wedding itself can be an inexpensive quiet beach ceremony or an elaborate tropical resort or estate extravaganza. Check out our wedding location pages for more information.
- A certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented to the marriage license agent for those applicants under the age of 19 years. A State I.D. or
driver's license may be requested as proof of age for those over 19.
- If either bride or groom has divorced within the preceding 60 days, written proof of the divorce must also be submitted.